Beckman Catholic High School
BECKMAN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL - A Catalyst for Lifelong Learning, Global Awareness, Personal Growth and Spiritual Development Rooted in Catholic Teachings.
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Be a Trailblazer.
- Project Lead the Way courses that provide learning and career exploration opportunities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- 2017 ACT scores - 50% taking the test scored at least a 25 (26/52), with 6 scoring over 30.
- Advance Placement and NICC course offerings that provide post-secondary preparation and provide transferable college credits.
- Daily theology classes, weekly celebration of the Eucharist, weekly Eucharistic adoration.
- FFA/Science: Four Students (of 18 in Iowa) attended the Junior Science and Humanities Symposium in Iowa City. Four Students were named State of Iowa Champions advancing them to the National FFA AgriScience Convention. Three students placed third, fourth, and ninth. One student advanced to Nationals in Washington DC and won a National Championship.
"I like Beckman because the students here are all very kind and generous. The faculty is also very helpful and caring." - Blake Lammers, Class of 2018
"I like Beckman because we get to pray before every period." - Jake Recker, Class of 2018
"I like Beckman because we get to celebrate mass every Thursday." - Elise Bildstein, Class of 2019 and Hannah McDermott, Class of 2023
"I like Beckman because it is small." - Austin Jaeger, Class of 2020
"I like Beckman because being here helps strengthen my faith." - Liz Wessel, Class of 2021
"I like Beckman because of how close we all are and how we can help each other strengthen our faith together." - Madison Rahe, Class of 2018
"Beckman is a place that challenges me to have a successful future, while teaching me loyalty and valuable morals that will lead me on a path to prosperity." - Caitlin Kennedy, Class of 2018
From our Alumni:
"Attending Beckman Catholic High School was an experience that taught me how to think and how to learn, which has helped me whether I was doing music, finance, or anything in between. It is also a welcoming place where I came in as a new kid from out of town as a freshman and left with a lot of what turned out to be lifelong friends. The lessons I learned at Beckman stayed with me as I continued my education and throughout my career at William Blair. Beckman means the world to me." - Mark Brady, William Blair Head of M&A
From our Staff:
"I would invite anyone to come to the school and worship with over 400 teenagers. It is a heartwarming experience to worship with and among them." Al Leemhuis - Spanish Instructor
"The Theology curriculum and Campus Ministry Program at Beckman Catholic present students with opportunities to encounter the Crucified Christ and engage in active discipleship. Both in and out of the classroom we seek to demonstrate the breadth and depth of what the Catholic Church has to offer students and to discern what they might have to offer the Church and the world." Jerry McGrane - Campus Minister